Thursday 4 February 2016

Title: *Writers Blocks and Choices



Title: *Writers Blocks and Choices*

I decided to write,
A poem today,
And simply let the ink 
In my pen run away
Today I won't be stopped
By writer's block
Or stare at empty screen
As I watch the clock.

Today, it matters not
If I'm seen or heard
Or whether I obtain 
Some just reward,
I simply choose the freedom
To bare my soul,
To be honest, candid, truthful,
In my writing role.

No matter the topic,
Irrespective the play
I'm determined to be
A writer today.

I could write of pleasing friends
And Christmas toys
Perhaps of flirting games
Between girls and boys

I could even pen realities 
Of our life on earth
About the saving grace 
Of our precious King's birth
Employing words that paint, 
Life's many shades and hues, 
In a various degrees, 
And grades of the blues.

I could write about soft blues, 
The sky blues, the sea blues?
I may even start to pen about
The Hill street blues,
Today I could write about
The many types of blues...

There is the ....
'I ain't got me no money' blues.
Then of course the....
'I ain't got me no honey' blues, 
Together well known as the...
'Double portion' blues.

Or, maybe even write about,
Those lingering winter blues,
Of the you know who's
Variety.
'Can't manage to wear
Those new pair of shoes,
Can't change, won't change'
Same old, same old
Mentality.

No! No!
Forget today about 
The Christmas blues,
My Santa's colors are 
Rich in green and red.
As is, my merry winter tree,
So I will write about that, instead.

The Christmas tree angel
Is a shimmering gold,
As was, that Star in the sky 
Sparkling, brilliant and bold.
And that Glorious Angel 
Gabriel, who foretold,
Visited dear shepherds
At night in the fields;
Of wondrous news
About the heavenly birth,
He filled their hearts 
With exuberant mirth.

I'll forget for today the
Language of the blues
To write about Gold, 
Frankincense and Myrrh;
And the gentle baby born,
Of a life so pure.

I'll pen Christmas rhymes 
Today, with hymns of praise,
And dance in the rhythm,
Of the drums of Grace.
I know my words will slip
 Into their rightful place,
As I look into the beauty,
Of my Saviors face.

-----------------------------------
Wise Poetry 
with animated art 
by Rev.Bola
[copyright: 22.Nov.2015 ]
----------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment