Friday 10 February 2017

Title: *What'a Shizzle* - Gangsta Rap



Title: *RAP ARTISTS* - Animated Art by Rev.Bola
Preliminary Notes:-

For a while now, I have felt it would
be useful to stretch myself outside my
creative writing comfort zone, by trying
my hand at different styles of poetry 
and leaving no stone unturned.

What started out as a simple experiment,
has become a process of self-discovery,
from which I have gained a great deal 
of insight and joy.

The process has meant, suspending all my
own judgements and prejudices, to pursue
every available style from classical
literature such as Shakespeare, Limericks,
Japanese Haikus, Tankas, Sonnets, Mother Goose
nursery ryhmes rhymes, to modern freestyle, 
hip-hop, and more. 

My poem below, is another attempt at Rap poetry.
Before this fun experiment, I would never have 
considered myself a gangster rap poet, and I 
still don't. But it's certainly been a great 
deal of fun trying. 

Title: *What'a Shizzle*

Yo! gimme all your
Dollaz this second,
Before I pimp 
Your Christian head,
He said.

You oughta know
By now that
I'm a low-down
Dirty dread.

Don't care about 
No janky sistas,
Talking Biblical babble,
'Must go turn 
That tap off, 
With my switchblade. 
Shizzle!

'Cos only a pimp, 
Knows whatz'up,
With the grill, 
Been born to steal,
Spot the deal,
From a mile off 
That's for real,
Then go chill.

To hit that raid,
Gotta upgrade.
Get me my G-ride
Earned with pride;
Above the law,
On hells naw. 

Gonna bust a cap, 
On dat mofo,
Take a nap,
Playing bingo.

'Cos only a pimp 
Knows what's up,
With the grill. 
Been born to steal
Spot the deal
From a mile off, 
What's for real,
Then chill.

She chimed,
Getting fat y'all,
Playing cool cat y'all,
Why you bros 
Always jumpin' crazy 
Like that, y'all?

You'll get numb
Acting as dumb,
Kickin' up the flows
Is gonna lead to blows.

Like once an Esse,
Always an Esse. Wooo!
Always doing what, 
An Esse does best, bro!
Now we gotta clean up, 
That pile of civic mess, yo!

Cos y'all 
Don't care about, 
Your Christian sistas
Talking Bible babble.
You have to turn 
That tap off, 
With your switchblade. 
Shizzle!

How sad to
Pin your future, 
On the perfect heist.Yo!
When you can gain
The perfect life
In our Savior
Jesus Christ. Bro!

--------------------------
Rap Poetry
by Rev.Bola
[copyright: 11.Feb.2017]
------------------------------

Ephesians 4:19 
They have become callous and have 
given themselves up to sensuality, 
greedy to practice every kind of impurity.

Romans 3:15-16 
“Their feet are swift to shed blood; 
in their paths are ruin and misery,

Luke 13:3
No, I tell you; but unless you repent, 
you will all likewise perish.

Acts 3:19 
Repent therefore, and turn again, 
that your sins may be blotted out,
_________________________

   Love Rev.Bola A.
{Pastor/Life Coach/Artist/Poet/Musician} for:-

1* Christians Victorious Fellowship & CIR UK
2* Nottingham Depression Support Group - UK
3* Nottingham Happiness Project Group - UK

No comments:

Post a Comment