Thursday 15 January 2015

Title: *Christ Our Anchor*


Title: *Christ Our Anchor*
1.
Today our Father says
I hear your prayers 
Receive my breath
Arise from death. 
Breathe in my Grace
Look into my Smiling Face 
Breathe in my ministry
Breathe out my sovereignty.
It's so amazing to fathom 
How I breathed into Adam 
Who then became 
A living soul
Complete and perfectly whole
Endowed with authority 
To extend his community
Family and dominion 
Over several billion
He was given birth
To subdue the earth 
Extracting from it
A heavenly place to sit
And receive the blessings 
The many exciting lessons 
I created for him to live by.
In reaching for the sky
Notice how many are those
Which bloom of summer rose 
Born again life-giving spirits,
Sharpening all their merits, 
Recreated in Christ,

Invited but never enticed

2.
Ministered by angels
Taking it in turn to
Ring the church bells
This is who
You are beloved
Keep that truth
 In your head
Understand what
it constitutes
Accept no substitutes. 
Refuse all bad
 Images of man
I am your biggest fan
Refuse all those 
Images of failure 
Push them right 
Out the door.
Permit not those shadows
Of past deeds and things
An attempt to clip 
Your precious wings
You are not a failure
Nor are you a bore. 
You are not without hope
You have tremendous scope. 
No, your future
 Is not bleak. 
For, even as we speak
This very hour,
You are a
Principality and Power
Sanctioned by 
The shed blood
Of Calvary
To set man free 
To go out
And quench all doubt 
And to demonstrate 
With love not hate
Who I AM
In all the earth.
------------------------------
Wise Poetry by Rev.Bola
[copyright: 4.Jan.2015 -ARR]

----------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment